META TR RIDE
New META TR 29: The best of both worlds!When we developed the META TR 29, our intentions were clear - to make a bike that performs very well uphill but that also retains the COMMENCAL downhill DNA.
We got the result we wanted thanks to a few key points:
- Large 29-inch wheels.
- Reworked and modifiable kinematics making the bike more dynamic.
- A straighter seat angle (and reduced offset).
The result is a particularly harmonious bike, a formidable pedaller and ideal companion for long active rides. The TR is seamlessly capable of transcending from uphill to downhill and soaking up all types of lumps and bumps in between. Thanks to 140mm of rear travel and the 150mm or 160mm fork, it tackles most obstacles without hesitation. Plus, the TR shows liveness and is playful when it comes to the terrain and pumping for speed etc. Mike Kazimer, reporter at Pinkbike, describes the META TR 29 as one of the funnest bikes he's ridden!
The stiffness of the frame is always the subject of much attention. The use of double-row Enduro Bearings allows a more homogeneous deformation of the frame without the loss of stiffness via the bearings. In addition to all this in-depth work, like on our META POWER TR, META SX and CLASH bikes, we now offer a Flip Chip on the shock absorber extension in order to more acutely adjust the geometry, and therefore fit your personal style! This system means you can influence the height of the bottom bracket as well as the steerer and saddle angles within seconds. Depending on what you want, effectively, you can choose between a lively bike perfect for big pedalling missions, or more progressive bike ideal for days in bike park or on more committed lines.
About the META TR RIDE
In this timeless Dirt colour with a matte finish, our META TR RIDE blends into any environment.with the RIDE model adventures are definitely on the cards, whether you've out for a couple of hours or several days:
- The ROCKSHOX Revelation RC fork has 35mm diameter stanchions which are stiff and precise, plus they're easy to adjust.
- The Deluxe Select + shock absorber allows you to quickly and easily adapt the behaviour of the bike depending on various factors.
- A SRAM SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain will help you overcome the toughest obstacles.
- On the way downhill, the clean feel and reliability of the SRAM Guide T 4-piston brakes are guaranteed to stop you effectively.
- The KS Rage-I telescopic seat post provides real comfort and significant freedom of movement.
- The MAXXIS DHR II and Dissector tyres perfectly match this META TR 29 and give an excellent compromise between lateral grip and roll.
Everything you need.
FRAME MATERIAL: AL-6066
FRAME WEIGHT: 3,7 KG / 8.15 LB
REAR TRAVEL: 140 MM
SHOCK LENGTH / STROKE: 210 X 55 MM
PIGGY BACK SHOCK COMPATIBLE: YES
SHOCK BUSHINGS: 20 X 10 MM
RECOMMENDED / MAX. FORK HEIGHT: 551 MM / 571 MM
HEADSET DIMENSION: TAPERED
HEADSET TYPE: ZS44 / ZS56
MAXIMUM TYRE DIMENSION (ETRTO): 65 MM
DISC BRAKE STANDARD: POSTMOUNT 200 MM
REAR ROTOR MAX. SIZE: 220 MM
SEATPOST / SEAT CLAMP DIAMETER: 34,9 MM / 38,5 MM
BOTTOM BRACKET TYPE: BB92
ISCG: ISCG 05
FRONT DERAILLEUR TYPE: NO
REAR HUB COMPATIBILITY: 12 X 148 MM
BICYCLE TYPE: TRAIL 29"