Designing this FRS was not so easy. It is seemingly simple, yet it is a melting pot of technology, which draws on our experience from the design and engineering of its predecessors. The work done for this year revolves around three key points - kinematics, geometry and frame construction - all bringing more performance and reliability.
We believe that it is 100% essential to work with only the best materials. Therefore, we are using a series of Aluminium triple butted (AL 6066) tubes which offer several advantages:
- Tube shapes are improved to enhance mechanical characteristics.
- The weight of the frame is optimised and the longitudinal and transverse flex is controlled.
With the kinematics we retain two distinct anchor positions for the rocker/linkage which are easily modifiable to:
- Be able to use a spring or air shock independently without having to make compromises.
- Enable the choice between a setting focused on grip (sensitive) or liveliness (responsive).
- Allow for the 2 curves of the kinematics to be linear for better connection with the ground (the tyre/ground contact is truer) and more comfort through the travel.
- Ride with less SAG without it being uncomfortable.
As reliability is also one of our major points, we've worked on the details that make the difference:
- The bearings are oversized, and the rocker is designed to minimise the stress applied to the shock. This ensures better operation and optimises reliability.
- The shock absorber support is embedded in the down tube. The line of the frame is cleaned off all elements that may complicate it.
A few points on the finishes:
- The cables pass the main pivot point as closely as possible in order to reduce displacement and wear.
- New inserts on the head tube allow the joints to hold perfectly.
- The double density injected chain stay protector is completely revised. The body is made of polypropylene for excellent fit on the chain stay.
- The FRS is fitted with down tube protection. No more worrying about rock bashes, chips or rubbing in the back of a pick-up.
FRS. DH in all forms and without any compromises.
About the FRS ESSENTIAL
Maybe you've already seen that Andreu Lacondeguy rides a Dark Slate matte coloured FRS too, and he loves it!
We opted for FOX Performance suspension for this one. They match perfectly with this bike. They also offer excellent performance:
- The FOX 40 Performance Grip fork and Float X2 Performance shock are equipped with air springs for a wide range of adjustments.
The other components are chosen specifically for this FRS:
- The SHIMANO Deore 4-piston brakes fitted with 203mm rotors to ensure a perfect touch and ever-aggressive braking.
- The SRAM GX DH 7 speed drivetrain is also perfect on the FRS.
- The SPANK Spike Race 33 wheels are super reliable.
A model that has everything you need to hit those freeride lines as well as a World Cup track.
FRAME MATERIAL: AL 6066T6
FRAME WEIGHT: 4,1 KG / 9.03 LB
REAR TRAVEL: 200 MM
SHOCK LENGTH / STROKE: 250 MM / 75 MM
PIGGY BACK SHOCK COMPATIBLE: YES
SHOCK BUSHINGS: 20 X 8 MM / 30 X 10 MM
RECOMMENDED / MAX. FORK HEIGHT: 581 MM / 595 MM
HEADSET DIMENSION: TAPERED 1-1/8" / 1-1/2"
HEADSET TYPE: ZS44 / ZS56
MAXIMUM TYRE DIMENSION (ETRTO): 65 MM
DISC BRAKE STANDARD: POSTMOUNT 200 MM
REAR ROTOR MAX. SIZE: 203 MM
SEATPOST / SEAT CLAMP DIAMETER: 31,6 MM / 34,9 MM
BOTTOM BRACKET TYPE: PRESS FIT BB 107
ISCG: ISCG 05
FRONT DERAILLEUR TYPE: NO
REAR HUB COMPATIBILITY: 150 X 12 MM
BICYCLE TYPE: DH / FREERIDE