META TR SIGNATURE
When we developed the META TR 29, our intentions were clear - to make a bike that performs very well uphill but that also retains the COMMENCAL downhill DNA. We got the result we wanted thanks to a few key points:
- Large 29-inch wheels.
- Reworked and modifiable kinematics making the bike more dynamic.
- A straighter seat angle (and reduced offset).
The result is a particularly harmonious bike, a formidable pedaler and ideal companion for long active rides. The TR is seamlessly capable of transcending from uphill to downhill and soaking up all types of lumps and bumps in between. Thanks to 140mm of rear travel and the 150mm or 160mm fork, it tackles most obstacles without hesitation. Plus, the TR shows liveness and is playful when it comes to the terrain and pumping for speed etc. Mike Kazimer, reporter at Pinkbike, describes the META TR 29 as one of the funnest bikes he's ridden!
The stiffness of the frame is always the subject of much attention. The use of double-row Enduro Bearings allows a more homogeneous deformation of the frame without the loss of stiffness via the bearings.
In addition to all this in-depth work, like on our META POWER TR, META SX and CLASH bikes, we now offer a Flip Chip on the shock absorber extension in order to more acutely adjust the geometry, and therefore fit your personal style! This system means you can influence the height of the bottom bracket as well as the steerer and saddle angles within seconds. Depending on what you want, effectively, you can choose between a lively bike perfect for big pedalling missions, or more progressive bike ideal for days in bike park or on more committed lines.
About the META TR SIGNATURE
The META TR SIGNATURE has been designed to highlight the high-end components that adorn it. Could the matte Champagne paint inspire champagne showers?
Beyond just looks, this TR is a top-end build. Just take a look at:
- The FOX 36 Factory fork with Kashima treatment. It's a must thanks to its stiffness, unparalleled reactivity and the adjustment possibilities.
- The FOX Float X2 Factory shock is one of the best in terms of quality and performance thanks to its many adjustments and oversized air spring.
- You can't ask for much better than the SHIMANO XT groupset, a benchmark today for its reliability and consistency.
- The choice of wheels is important on a bike in this category, so we chose the DT SWISS XM1700 Spline for their excellent weight/liveliness/reliability ratio.
An exceptional bike, perfect for hilly and mountainous enduro stages.
FRAME MATERIAL: AL-6066
FRAME WEIGHT: 3,7 KG / 8.15 LB
REAR TRAVEL: 140 MM
SHOCK LENGTH / STROKE: 210 X 55 MM
PIGGY BACK SHOCK COMPATIBLE: YES
SHOCK BUSHINGS: 20 X 10 MM
RECOMMENDED / MAX. FORK HEIGHT: 551 MM / 571 MM
HEADSET DIMENSION: TAPERED
HEADSET TYPE: ZS44 / ZS56
MAXIMUM TYRE DIMENSION (ETRTO): 65 MM
DISC BRAKE STANDARD: POSTMOUNT 200 MM
REAR ROTOR MAX. SIZE: 220 MM
SEATPOST / SEAT CLAMP DIAMETER: 34,9 MM / 38,5 MM
BOTTOM BRACKET TYPE: BB92
ISCG: ISCG 05
FRONT DERAILLEUR TYPE: NO
REAR HUB COMPATIBILITY: 12 X 148 MM
BICYCLE TYPE: TRAIL 29"